Sunday 24 April 2011

Shopping for Jeans

I'm gonna say it and it might shock you, I'm female and I hate clothes & food shopping. I am abnormal.

I like shopping for things. For necklaces, furniture, kitchen appliances & knick knacks, pet accessories. I love shopping for anything except clothes and food.

When it comes to looking at clothes and admiring shoes, I love them I do. Totally and completely love them. My avatar is a pink shoe for a reason. I love pretty shoes, and I love pretty clothes. Yet I never buy them. I hate trying them on, as I hate mirrors and the lighting. I also have very wide yet normal sized feet which makes it almost impossible to buy fancy, pretty shoes.

Today I went to the shops to buy three main items: a new pair of jeans that don't fall down whenever I bend over. (Too big, not too small). Swimwear for an upcoming holiday to the beach, and food for my kitchen. I came home with a bunch of Dutch carrots for my birds, 3 packets of chips and a tub of margarine.

I hate jeans shops because if jeans fit around my thighs they're way way too big for my waist. Or they're too small, too big, wrong shape, too flared, too long, too dark, too light.... gahh. I hate trying on 49 pair of jeans to find one pair that are just 'okay'.

I have short legs, so short that short leg jeans are still usually too long (if you can find them) and regular length legs should be on a 6.5 foot stick-figure model. They also believe that if you're short with slightly bigger than average thighs or backside (i'm just saying) you must therefore have an ENORMOUS stomach, and so the waistband is around 3 sizes too big, and the style means that a belt just looks stupid.

So I didn't bother, because it's a public holiday and I didn't need that kind of stress ruining my day. I went into Big W (kind of like a small Walmart here in Australia) and bought myself 10 pair of socks, 4 pair of undies and a new winter nighty with a cute cranky cow on it.

If only we could walk around in cute nightwear, I'd be right. I like shopping for that. Just not jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment