Thursday 5 May 2011

How to become instantly popular

This afternoon I was called on my work phone in a big fat panic.... my colleague who was hosting an awards event had forgotten to take the milk to the event! The world is going to end! The world is going to end! (Holy, my job is weird sometimes).

So I grabbed the carton and ran across the street to the conference room, to find that only 8 out of the 25 people getting an award actually turned up, and there were probably 12 managers there. I ended up having to stay, to make up numbers.

They had catered for roughly 35 awards attendees (half of my company don't eat for some bizarre reason) and there was a massive MASSIVE table filled to the brim with pastries and cakes and fruit.

We tossed a fruit platter, sent half the food home with the guests, and had to take the rest back to the office. We put as much as we could possibly cram onto 3 trays and walked it back over. The problem was, the trays weren't covered, and there were roughly 100 people at the traffic lights, which is one of the busiest in that part of the city.... all wanting "free" stuff.

I could have got my choice of husbands out of that crowd, I'm sure. Basically I just had to stand there saying "NO" loudly over and over, while smiling sweetly.

We amazingly made it back with all pastries and cake accounted for, but enjoyed the popularity while it lasted. I still feel warm and fuzzy. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment